Selling to someone is an art form. And, just like any art form, there are multiple approaches to it. When it comes to salespeople, there are five types:
- The Relationship Builder: Focused on customer relationships and ensuring a healthy relationship and does everything to meet the needs of the customer.
- The Reactive Problem Solver: They're very detail oriented and stresses follow-ups to ensure all issues are met and dealt with.
- The Hard Worker: Your traditional 'hustler,' coming in early and leaving late. They're highly self-motivated and don't give up easily.
- The Lone Wolf: Does things their way and has an ability to succeed off their instincts.
- Challengers: They sell based off their customers understanding, pain points, and objections. They're not afraid to voice their opinion and are assertive when they communicate.
Can you guess which is the most effective, the relationship builder or the challenger?
My first impression was the relationship builder. I was wrong.
The relationship building tactic involved learning about the prospect/customer on a professional and personal level. The idea is to build trust to create a connection. While this may do just that, it doesn't push an audience towards action.
The Challenger method creates urgency. Much like the relationship builders, challengers learn about their prospect and focus on pain points. They observe their audiences current strategies and challenge them, highlighting how the solution they're offering can be more effective. This, as a result, creates more action because the audience's viewpoint has been shifted.
Now, it's my turn to challenge you.
If you use traditional sales tactics (email and phone calls), you know the struggle of getting a response. Your callbacks are low and open rates are only on average 20-30%.
I've got something to get a 100% open rate. Are you up for it? Click here to learn more.
100% Open Rate. 100% Awesome.
You Got My Attention (YGMA) is a direct mail provider that offers a unique advantage: a 100% Open Rate. Our signature box has been proven to get a 100% Open Rate while our stuffed animal approach creates a memorable experience. Customers are able to customize their box with their own message and marketing materials inside the box as well as a URL to direct traffic to a specific webpage. Campaigns are simple and quick to set up.